Pain, itching, and bleeding in rectum area can be symptoms of hemorrhoids. You have to take quick action before it turns to the worst. Don’t worry there are many natural remedies to treat hemorrhoids and you can get instant relief from the issue.Here is a collection of different home remedies for hemorrhoids which will help you treat the condition quickly.
1. Garlic cloves
This remedy is very effective to get rid of hemorrhoids. However, it stings a bit and you might cry while using this remedy, so be careful and ready to bear the pain.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and grind them properly.
- Blend the garlic paste with 2 tsp of coconut oil. You can use more coconut oil if you want to dilute the paste.
- Make small suppositories of it and freeze it before you use it.
- Now, insert the suppository into the rectum, it will sting but hold for some time.
- It might make the area go numb for a some time but it will not burn.
- The hemorrhoids will be cured instantly if you will not get relief in one application then you can go for second application next day.
2. Ice cubes
The swelling in the anus makes it more painful and skin inflammation goes on increasing during hemorrhoids. Ice cube has a soothing effect on hemorrhoids.
- Take some 2-3 ice cubes and insert a small ice cube into the anus.
- Let it remain inside to cool down the area and reduce the swelling
- You can put the ice cube on the external hemorrhoids to get relief from skin irritation and pain.
3. Aloe Vera
The massage with aloe vera is healing and soothing for external hemorrhoids. Apply the aloe vera gel on the area and massage using cotton wool, tissue or your fingertips. Apply it 3 times a day in the beginning, once it starts getting cured reduce the frequency of application to once in a day. This method is almost painless and provides instant relief from the painful hemorrhoids.
4. Witch hazel
This is the proven effective remedy on hemorrhoids and many people swear to god that they have resorted using this natural remedy. The process is very simple as given below-
- Take witch hazel in a small bowl.
- Take a swab and dip it in the witch hazel solution.
- Apply the witch hazel directly on the hemorrhoids.
- Use this method 3 times a day slowly reduce to once in a day application.
- Soon the hemorrhoids issue will vanish and you will get pain relief.
It is an intake remedy which helps to reduce the hemorrhoids internally. Consume ½ tbsp of nutmeg before bedtime and in the morning after you wake up. It is very effective and painless remedy to cure hemorrhoids at home.
6. Warm sitz bath
A warm water bath is recommended to reduce the swelling caused due to hemorrhoids. It helps to stop the tingling and also purify the butt-centric cervices. It is termed as an effective transitory remedy to treat the outer hemorrhoids.
- Take 15-20 minutes of warm water shower after your solid discharge.
- You can also sit in a bath tube filled with warm water and Epsom salt.
- Just at 1 tbsp of Epsom salt in the warm water and stir it well using your hand.
- Let your body remain in the solution for 15-20 minutes to get relief from hemorrhoids.
Tips to Prevent Hemorrhoids
The hemorrhoids are quite painful and it can disturb your routine life in high extend. Thus, it is essential to take precautions to prevent hemorrhoids. Just follow the below tips to avoid chances of getting hemorrhoids.
Foods rich in fibers
Include raw and fresh fruits, whole grains and vegetables which are rich in fibers in your diet. The fibers in your food will help to soften your stool and reduce the strain. It is the oldest trick to prevent hemorrhoids. It is also useful to prevent health issues like IBs and diarrhea. The increased in fiber content in your diet is good for digestion and your overall health.
Drink plenty of water
Dehydration can be one of the reasons behind the hard stool. Thus, it is important to drink plenty of water to make your stool soft. Drink fruit juice like orange juice or lemon juice regularly. Avoid drinks like sodas, colas and drinks with caffeine as it leads to dehydration.
Colace is a popular stool softener which makes it comfortable to pass stools. It makes the stool smooth to avoid swelling and bleeding during excretion process.
Always wear clean underwear
The itching is also one of the symptoms of hemorrhoids which can be a result of skin infection. It is very important to keep your underwear clean and change it often. Always carry an extra pair of underwear if you are suffering from bleeding or leakage. Use loose cotton underwear to prevent sweating and keep the skin free from infection.
Frequent clothing changes
The germs start growing on your clothes is you wear the same clothes for a long time. So, often change your clothes and wash them regularly. Especially the innerwear should be changed daily and always wear the clean innerwear to avoid skin infection and keep you delicate skin protect from germs.
Physical activity is important to improve the digestion process. It enhance a slow bowel movement and thus help to flush out toxins from the body. Small exercise like walking or jogging are good enough to boost the digestion system and keep the excretion process smooth.
So, these are some useful natural remedies and effective tips which will help you to treat hemorrhoid at home. It is important to have a balanced diet to remain healthy and avoid issues in the digestion system. If you are suffering from frequent constipation then increase the fiber content in the diet and drink a lot of water to get a normal excretion process.